Southwell Minster, known as the Cathedral of Nottinghamshire, has recently been awarded a first round Heritage Lottery Fund pass for a £3 million conservation and interpretation project. The Dean and Chapter are now seeking contractors to develop plans for round 2 HLF funding, and as part of that work, are now seeking contractors to provide lighting design for the project.
Southwell Minster Lot 4: Lighting Designer
Southwell Minster has successfully received HLF Round 1 funding for the development phase of their ‘Leaves of Southwell Project’ and are inviting tenders from Contractors/Consultants to undertake the project on their behalf. The successful consultants will be responsible for providing services and liaising closely with the Minster’s representatives.
The Lighting Designer will be responsible for leading on the lighting requirements or the Leaves of Southwell Project. The Lighting Designer is expected to work in collaboration with the whole project team both internal and external as required.
The Lighting Designers main scope of works are:
- To design a new lighting scheme for the Chapter House and Slype to provide the information required by the electrical engineering consultant.
- To design new façade lighting for the Minster. Provide the information required by the electrical engineering consultant for these elements.
- To prepare designs to allow the Quantity Surveyor to cost the scheme at each RIBA Stage.
- Prepare/issue end RIBA Stage Design Reports.
- Provide indicative details and cost of running, maintenance, servicing, parts replacement and management costs of each element of lighting for the Management and Maintenance Plan required for round 2 submission to HLF.
- Support the Minster to overcome and resolve any objections from wider stakeholders.
- Take part in Value Engineering as required to ensure the project is within budget.
- Assist the Architect in providing information for any Statutory Consents or the discharge of conditions.
- Keep full and accurate records of all key meetings and negotiations attended or conducted and make the same available to the Team and Minster.
- Provide information to the Project Manager, the other Consultants and to the Contractors to enable them to carry out their respective duties.
- Comply fully with the Minster's change control procedures.
- To coordinate with the Architect and Electrical Consultant on cable routes, positioning of fittings and location and form of control equipment.
- Develop the lighting scheme, oversee the installation and undertake final focusing and adjustments to the satisfaction of the Minster.
Interested contractors should download the project documents below.
The capital budget for the project is £1,301,076 including contingency and inflation and excluding VAT.
The capital budget for the interpretation design is £204,050 including contingency and inflation and excluding VAT.
Completed tenders should be returned by 5pm on 11th July 2018 by email to Charles Leggatt at email@example.com.
Any questions arising from this tender should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No questions will be accepted after 4th July 2018.
Deadline for the receipt of completed tenders: 11 July 2018
Nottinghamshire NG25 0HD