Dublin is the capital and largest city of Ireland. Its historic buildings include Dublin Castle, dating to the 13th century, and the imposing St Patrick’s Cathedral, founded in 1191. Dublin City Council is now seeking contractors to provide Cultural Infrastructure Planning Consultancy Services. The estimated contract value is unspecified.
Dublin City Council: Cultural Infrastructure Planning Consultancy Services
The 2-year Framework Agreement will be established with a maximum of 4 economic operators (or the number of qualifying responses if less). Thereafter contracts will be awarded in accordance with the rules contained herein.
Supply of Cultural Infrastructure Planning Consultancy as required throughout the lifetime of the framework. The tenderers must have a multidisciplinary approach, including but not limited to planning, research, communications and stakeholder engagement management and design, to support Cultural Policy and Implementation as outlined in the Dublin City Development Plan.
The tenderer will be expected to concurrently provide:
- Professional policy advice and support to the Dublin City Arts Office and Planning Department.
- Development of related implementation strategies or initiatives which support the discharge of its planning function in a way which is strategically aligned with Dublin City Development Plan (Culture Chapter) 2022 – 2028.
The initial contract covers the Delivery of:
1. Cultural Infrastructure Toolkit: easy-to-follow guidance on the application of ‘Design Principles’ and artform specifications, alongside site-specific assessments of constraints and opportunities for Cultural workspace or other infrastructure.
2. Guidance Reports for Developers, covering the process framework and expectations for Cultural Contributions, Impact Assessments, Governance and Operator Models, and Co-design development processes,
3. Input on design participation in a Culture-led Regeneration - Developer and Culture Sector conference.
Any other relevant Cultural Planning Requirements that DCC may have, such as area-based audits.
For further information, interested contractors should go to the following link.
The deadline for submission of proposals is 18 April 2023 by 12 pm.
Dublin City Council
For the attention of: Sinead Connolly